Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday: Flash Burnout


This week's WoW book is Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan! It will be released on October 19, 2009.

Description from Amazon:


Fifteen-year-old Blake has a girlfriend and a friend who’s a girl. One of them loves him; the other one needs him.
When he snapped a picture of a street person for his photography homework, Blake never dreamed that the woman in the photo was his friend Marissa’s long-lost meth addicted mom. Blake’s participation in the ensuing drama opens up a world of trouble, both for him and for Marissa. He spends the next few months trying to reconcile the conflicting roles of Boyfriend and Friend. His experiences range from the comic (surviving his dad’s birth control talk) to the tragic (a harrowing after-hours visit to the morgue).
In a tangle of life and death, love and loyalty, Blake will emerge with a more sharply defined snapshot of himself.

I think this sounds like a good, decent book. :) I love photography, too, which seems to play a big role in this novel. Gotta keep my eyes open for this one on the shelves soon! RELEASED ON OCTOBER 19, 2009!

2 comments:

  1. Mary D

    This is certainly a unique plot, it would be interesting to see how it develops. You know, I still cringe when I harken back to my mom's 'talk' with me eons ago (back when rocks were still soft ha!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting.

    I gave you an award
    http://socratesbookreviews.blogspot.com/2009/10/award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks, I love what you have to say!